Christmas is this week!!! What?!
I don’t know how but this entire year has flown by! I wanted to share a quick recipe with you today for your Christmas gatherings from my friends at Black Forest Decor. I hope you enjoy!
A Zesty Addition to Your Holiday Table!
A great holiday recipe invokes a certain nostalgia for bygone family dinners surrounded by loved ones and classic dishes. People long for Grandma’s pumpkin pie and Mom’s cornbread stuffing, but no one ever seems to fondly recall the cranberry relish. The humble cranberry is perhaps more American than apple pie with its North American origins. Cranberry Relish is a dish that graces almost every Thanksgiving table and yet still manages to play second fiddle to even a bland watery, green bean casserole.
This recipe will put the Cranberry Sauce where it belongs, proudly supporting the turkey. This recipe will have place you firmly in charge of the cranberry relish for years to come. It will be requested, discussed, cherished but never overlooked. Combing flavors of childhood with a more complex flavor profile, but almost as easy as opening a can.
12 oz. Bag Cranberries (fresh or frozen)
1 Cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of pineapple juice
Zest from half a lime
Squeeze of lime juice to taste
1 Teaspoon Grated fresh ginger
1 peeled and diced apple such as a Pink Lady
- Rinse cranberries in a colander, shake to dry
- Add sugar, zest, juice, squeeze of lime and ginger to sauce pan bring to a boil
- Add cranberries and diced apple, Return to boil
- Allow cranberries to cook at a low boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- When they are soft and start to pop they are done
- Cover and allow to cool at room temperature
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.