Today I want to share my sweet and spicy crockpot chili recipe! This simple crockpot chili recipe is easily customizable to fit your family’s tastes. Brown sugar is added for sweetness and I have several favorite ingredients to bring the heat!
Sometimes I wonder if I should rename this blog “Lauren’s Crockpot Creations.” I know I share a lot of crockpot meals but I think everyone enjoys the simplicity! We are all busy and there is nothing better than throwing some ingredients into a crock, setting a timer and enjoying a home cooked meal without slaving away all evening! It’s far less stressful than trying to stir dinner on the stove while your toddler is screaming and tugging at your leg! That’s not just me, right?
Crockpot chili is a favorite for weeknight meals and for parties! My husband requests chili every winter! It is one of his favorites but it’s not the ultimate meal unless you have extra saltine crackers and a cold can of coke! I have to agree it’s pretty darn tasty that way! 😉
My crockpot chili recipe usually isn’t a recipe at all and varies each time I make it by the selection of ingredients in my pantry. I finally decided to record this recipe and perfect it for a permanent go-to in our cookbook. AND of course I liked it enough to share with you!
I didn’t make the entire batch spicy because I am cooking for a toddler but I do like to serve it up with some extra spicy toppings for those who want the heat! Personally, I like a little hit of Sriracha and some jalapeños for some added spice.
Easily adjust this recipe to fit your tastes!
Sweet & Spicy Crockpot Chili
- 1 c. Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 (28oz) Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 (15oz) Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 (10oz) Can Rotel
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Adobo Salsa *optional heat
- 1 tsp. Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 (15oz) Can Pinto Beans
- 1 (15oz) Can Black Beans
- 1 (15oz) Can Kidney Beans *optional
- 1 c. Frozen Corn
- Chili Seasoning – See recipe below
Chili Seasoning (for 2 lbs ground beef):
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- Sriracha Sauce
- Tabasco Sauce
- Adobo Chili Salsa
- Saltine Crackers
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet on medium heat and drain excess fat. Add the chili seasoning to the meat and stir.
- Place the meat and all remaining ingredients into the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Add extra heat with toppings like Sriracha sauce, Tabasco sauce, jalapeños or extra adobo salsa.
- Serve with you favorite toppings!
While I don’t like things too spicy, I find this recipe to be the perfect balance! Hope you enjoy it too!
Pin for later!
What are your favorite chili ingredients?
Thanks for stopping by!