Valentine’s Day is right around the corner so I wanted to share a list of date night ideas you can do on the cheap! We don’t exactly live near “the city” and with a little one at home now, we don’t get out as much as we used to. So I’m always looking for cheap or even at-home date night ideas we can do in our neck of the woods.
I’ve compiled a list of 28 Cheap Date Night Ideas for y’all to try! I’m calling it a round-up for “country folk” because most of it involves either dates at home, with cows, fire, sweet tea or hunting. I don’t know if that’s pure country but it’s definitely not city dates! 😉
28 Cheap Date Night Ideas For Country Folk
- Check cows together (or go ridin’ around together)
- Mix each other a drink – maybe try a new recipe
- Play a game or start a puzzle together (maybe with your mixed drink) 😉
- Cook a nice candlelit steak dinner at home
- Break out the dusty basketball and play a game or two of P-I-G
- Have a movie marathon (borrow movies from friends, watch youtube or rent $.50/$1 DVD’s)
- Go for a walk down an old back road
- Attend a local community event together – fundraisers, sporting events, school plays, etc.
- Camp out in the backyard
- Go for an evening swim in the pond and enjoy a picnic dinner
- Host a couple’s backyard BBQ and game night
- Break out your old video games
- Build or DIY something together for your home
- Go mushroom hunting! Or hiking basically…
- Build a bonfire and make s’mores!
- Go fishing
- Have a tailgate candlelight dinner and do some star gazing
- Browse your local flea market
- Go hunting together
- Take a day trip someplace new
- Make homemade ice cream
- Horseback riding
- Homemade pizza night and a throwback western movie
- Watch the sunset and drink sweet tea
- Go out for dessert only – ice cream and pie is calling!
- Attend a free concert
- Go to the rodeo
- Build a fort in the living room and go through old photos
I’m sure if I stayed at it I could come up with more random “country” dates but I’ll leave it at that. I hope you “country folk” enjoy this list of ideas and please feel free to add to more ideas below in the comments!
The more random, the better! 😉
Thanks for stopping by!