This quick sandwich was created out of desperation on a Saturday afternoon. We hardly had any groceries in the house but we needed a yummy lunch in a hurry! Bacon, ham, cheese, barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, and did I mention the bacon?
There really isn’t a layer to this sandwich that isn’t flavorful.
While the ingredients are flavorful, the way it is prepared is the secret to this sandwich recipe!
Bacon, Ham & Cheese Melt With BBQ Ranch
Ingredients (per sandwich):
- 2 Slices of sandwich bread
- Barbecue sauce (We love Sweet Baby Ray’s brand)
- Ranch Dressing
- 6 Slices Deli Ham
- 1 Slice Cheese (I used American but you can sub cheddar or your favorite)
- 2-3 Bacon Slices
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until done, drain and set aside. Drain and wipe the grease from the skillet but don’t wash.
- Top one slice of bread with barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, cheese, ham and bacon. Top with second the slice of bread.
- Spread a small amount of ranch dressing (about a teaspoon) to the outside of the sandwich top.
- Heat the skillet again to med/low and place the sandwich into the skillet, ranch-side-down.
- Repeat the ranch spread on the other side of the sandwich and flip once the sandwich has browned.
- Continue to grill on med/low until cheese is melty and outsides are browned and crisp.
Grilling the sandwiches with a ranch coating in the same skillet you cooked the bacon adds some amazing layers of flavor to your typical ham and cheese melt! (You can also use mayo on the outside of sandwiches when grilling.)
They hit the spot and Dan requested it again the next day! It was definitely husband-approved!
This same Saturday afternoon we had some cute little visitors!
My nieces, Maxa and Demi, came over to play for awhile. Renzy LOVES when his cousins come over! Miss Maxa is all about being a princess right now.
I loved her outfit! True cowgirl-princess fashion!
She’s a sweet one! No way Aunt Lauren could ever say no to these eyes!
And Demi just giggles! <3
I hope your life has been just as sweet lately!
Thanks for stopping by!