There is nothing more comforting than a warm and hearty meal on a cold and rainy day. I love throwing together crock pot meals when the weather is dreary. The house smells delicious, we have amazing dinner ready to go and I have less dishes and more time for Fixer Upper re-runs (Joanna Gaines and I are good friends… she just doesn’t know it.) 😉
I wanted to share a super-easy, slow cooked beef stroganoff recipe perfect for any weeknight but especially the rainy and cold ones!
Slow Cooked Beef Stroganoff
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 1 c. mushrooms, chopped
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 2 c. beef broth
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 4 round steaks (can use frozen)
- Steak seasoning, your choice (I used Weber Chicago Steak Seasoning)
- 2 Tbsp. worcestershire
- 1/2 c. – 3/4 c. milk or cream
- French fried onions, garnish
- Parmesan cheese, garnish
- In the bottom of the slow cooker, add the onion, garlic, celery and mushrooms. Season the steaks and add to the crock pot.
- Whisk together the gravy mix, broth, mushroom soup and worcestershire sauce. Pour over the top of the steaks and veggies.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours (or on high 4-6). The longer the round steaks cook, the more tender they become!
- Stir in cream (or milk). Serve with your favorite pasta (I prefer my noodles with a little butter and garlic salt) and top with french fried onions and parmesan. So tasty!
My boys loved this one! I hope your family enjoys too! 🙂
We still have several months left of crock-pot weather so here are a few more favorites to try:
Happy Crockin’! (I think I just discovered a new verb for slow-cooking… you like?!) 😉
Thanks for stoppin’ by!