This quick & easy potato soup recipe is not short on flavor! A great weeknight marvel with bacon and cheese! A meal the whole family will love!
Oh, these glorious rainy days!
I just love them!
I especially love days like this when I have a warm meal at my fingertips! I’ve been making this quick & easy potato soup for awhile now and it sounded amazing today!
This is by far the easiest potato soup I’ve ever made and I love that it isn’t super heavy or packed with tons of processed cheese and cream of “whatevers”. This soup feels light but it is very filling and full of flavor! It’s just a great weeknight g0-to!
Quick & Easy Potato Soup
- 2-3 Bacon Slices, diced
- 1/3 c. Onion, diced
- 1 Celery Stalk, finely diced
- 1 c. Frozen Corn
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Bag Hash-Browns (1 lb)
- 1 tsp Parsley (dried)
- 1 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 4 c. Chicken Broth (1 carton)
- 2 c. Milk
- 2 c. Shredded Cheddar
- Salt & Pepper
- Toss the diced bacon into a large soup pot and cook through. Remove the bacon and drain most of the fat, leaving a little at the bottom of the pot.
- On medium heat, sauté the celery and onion in the bottom of the same pot to soften – about 2-3 minutes. Then add in the corn and continue cooking for another minute.
- Add butter and stir to melt. Then add in the broth, seasonings and hash browns. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover, simmering for about 20 minutes until the hash browns have softened.
- Add the milk, cooked bacon and cheese. Stir and serve with additional toppings if desired!
*NOTE: I haven’t made this in the crock pot but you could definitely do so. Keep in mind, it wouldn’t have to cook long since you are just softening the hash-browns. I find it comes together so quickly in a stock pot that I don’t even want to mess with the slow-cooker!
Comfort food at its best!
And nothing beats a good soup on a rainy day!
Especially soups with bacon! 😉
One last thing before we part ways today…
That is all, 😉