It’s finally spring!
We can say goodbye to all things winter. Hats, gloves, snow (we hope), the fireplace…
and crock-pot meals?
Here is an easy slow-cooked BBQ Shredded Chicken recipe you can enjoy all year long!
I tossed 3 large, frozen chicken breasts into the slow-cooker.
And added some special seasonings and let the slow cooker do the rest.
Can this even be considered a “recipe?”
Insert tasty, thin sandwich bun and that’s all she wrote!
The meat was so juicy and delicious! My husband would rather have pulled pork any day of the week but he loved these tasty little sandwiches too!
This shredded chicken would also be so tasty on a salad with some veggies and a ranch dressing! Yum!
The leftovers are even better!
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- All Purpose Seasoning, to taste
- Liquid Smoke
- 3 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- Hot Sauce (Tabasco) *optional
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- ½ c. BBQ sauce
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 2 tsp. Flour
- Place chicken breasts into slow cooker (can be frozen)
- Add seasoning, liquid smoke (about three squirts per breast), apple cider vinegar, worcestershire and hot sauce if desired.
- Cook on low for about 5-6 hours.
- Shred the meat using two forks. Then add in flour, mustard and your favorite bbq sauce. Keep on warm setting until ready to serve.
- Serve on a bun or on a salad.
Hope you and your family enjoy this one soon!