The sun is shining!!!
I knew it would come back!
I’m finding it hard to concentrate this Friday afternoon as it is gorgeous outside! I’m thinking an evening walk would be really nice so I’m going to keep this short and sweet!
A few weeks ago I whipped together this easy dessert and thought y’all might enjoy it too. Waiting for it to bake is probably the hardest part.
Here is how it came together:
I sliced up some granny smith apples (my favorite). As you see in many of my recipes, I don’t peel. Some might call it lazy… I would prefer “quick and efficient.”
Then I simply sprinkled with cinnamon. A good dash EVERYWHERE!
Then added about 1/4 c. sugar on top and a sprinkle of flour.
Gave it a quick toss to coat.
As if we needed some more sugar…
I added some brown sugar on top.
Now for the cobbler topping. I add half a package of dry cake mix.
Seems weird but I’ve done this with many fruits and it works great!
I added some thin pats of butter on top to create a golden crust. No worries… they were THIN pieces, I promise! 🙂
Ready for the oven.
Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes or until apples are tender.
Hello delicious… meet my friend, vanilla ice cream!
Pin me for later, please!
- 4-5 Granny Smith Apples, cored and sliced
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- ¼ c. Sugar
- ⅛ c. Brown Sugar
- ½ Package White or Yellow Cake Mix
- 2-3 Tbsp Butter
- Add sliced apples to bottom of greased 9×13” baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar, and flour. Toss to coat.
- Then sprinkle on the brown sugar.
- Add ½ package of cake mix to the top of the apples.
- Add thin pats of butter to the top of the cake mix to promote a golden crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender.
Try this topping with canned pie fillings as well!
Hope you all have a great weekend and thanks as always for stopping by!