Who is ready for Super Bowl Sunday?! Who are you cheering for?
Cheering… hey I created a segue into some photos I wanted to share and didn’t even mean to! Ha!
Our niece, Kylie, performed with some lil cheerleaders at half-time of the local high school basketball game the other night. It was so fun to watch all the little girls jump up and down and run through their choreography.
As you can see in the photos, Kylie had a blast!
Proud cheerleader and proud Grandma Cindy (my mother-in-law).
Kylie was all about celebratory high-fives in the audience… and of course some popcorn! Good job Kylie!!!
Makes me giggle…
Now, onto some warm, crock-pot goodness! I’m so ready for spring weather but I will miss the comfort meals that seem to be our go-to dinners right now. When the wind is blowing, your hands are numb and your sinuses are dragging you down… you always reach for soup – Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup!!!
AND the last thing you want to do is stand over the cooktop preparing chicken, stirring and adding ingredients… so why not throw it into the magic slow-cooker instead?
That is just what I did! Easy and comforting!
Slow Cooked Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup
Throw in about 3-4 frozen chicken breasts (enough to cover the bottom)…
Top with small pieces of chopped onion…
Add your seasonings. Then, I had some extra cabbage from earlier in the week so I cut it up and added it as an extra veggie… (completely optional)
I like to review the left-over veggies in the fridge when making soups – it is a great way to use up extra ingredients while adding more flavor!
I then added the Original Reames Frozen Egg Noodles. If you prefer the fast-cooking kind, DO NOT add until cooking is almost complete!
Pour the liquids over everything.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours until chicken shreds easily and noodles are cooked.
Give it a try! Do you already make a version on crock-pot chicken noodle soup? Any secrets?
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts (can be frozen)
- ½ Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 c. Carrots, peeled and chopped (about 4 large carrots)
- 1 c. Celery, chopped (about 4 stalks)
- ½ Small Head of Cabbage, thinly chopped or shredded (optional extra veggie)
- ¼ tsp. White Pepper
- 1 tsp. Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 pkg. Reames Frozen Egg Noodle (I used original, not quick-cooking)
- 3 c. Chicken Broth
- 2 c. Apple Cider
- Add frozen chicken breasts to the bottom of slow cooker
- Toss in chopped onion, celery and carrots. Top with (optional) shredded cabbage
- Season with white pepper, thyme, parsley and salt and pepper
- Add the bag of frozen noodles on top of the other ingredients.
- Pour chicken broth and cider over all ingredients.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours until chicken is easily shredding, veggies are tender and noodles are done.
Keep noodles to the top, otherwise they may get over-cooked in the liquid. If you choose to use quick-cooking noodles, add when cooking is almost through.
Using frozen chicken breasts is a time and money saver! They will cook completely and shred nicely for your soup!
Looks like we have NUMEROUS chances of snow in the days ahead… get your crock-pots ready!
Thanks for stopping by!