Happy Friday! Can you believe it is already Friday!?!
This week FLEW by as I continue to plan for upcoming shows for the store. Dan and I also continue to work on this ole house… we finally got the new stove in…but it DID NOT FIT!!!
I had dreams of sugar cookies, banana bread and cheesecake dancing through my head for the upcoming holiday but the small space where our old stove once sat is now too small for a new, modern appliance (even though I researched the depths of every stove I considered! – frustrating!)
Anyway, we are brainstorming and will hopefully have a remedy to this issue soon! I’m ready to cook again… on a cooktop… with burners. HA!
So, just in case you are without your stove this Thanksgiving, throw together these spicy crackers for an easy appetizer. This recipe is a spin-off from our family recipe (It was born from the ingredients I had on hand). These babies are OH SO EASY and go great with beer! So naturally, the men LOVE these crackers!
- 1 Box Club Crackers – 3 sleeves of crackers
- 1 c. Canola Oil
- 1 pkt. Harvest Dill Ranch Dry Mix (original Ranch works too!)
- 1 tsp. Dill Weed
- ½ tsp. Garlic Salt
- ½ tsp. Garlic
- ½ tsp. Cumin
- ½ tsp. Lemon Pepper
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (Use less for mild crackers)
- In a air tight container, place all crackers in a single layer on the bottom (on their side so they all fit)
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together. Adjust red pepper for heat preference.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the crackers and put the lid tightly on container.
- Gently shake and then let set for about 15 minutes.
- Gently shake again and flip the container over and let set for another 15-30 minutes. Continue this process once more.
- Allow to set at least 3 hours before serving or overnight for best results!
Have a great weekend!