Good, you are still here!!! Sorry for my absence in the last few days! Things have been very busy around this lil hive!
This past week, we been working to finish renovating the upstairs of our farmhouse. I’m looking forward to finishing up so we can get all of our things perfectly organized. I like to be clean and organized but you sure wouldn’t believe me by the looks my house currently!
In addition to all the craziness with the house, my stove is still down for the count and I have been reluctant to buy a new one. So I decided it was going to be a positive challenge for the blog. I have been utilizing the heck out of my slow cooker and hope to have some new, easy recipes to share in the coming weeks from this experience.
With the weather cooling off a tad, I thought a classic pot roast sounded amazing… and Dan is always up for those classic, staple suppers. So here is the easiest crock pot roast you will ever make! Turns out, little effort can mean great dinners!
Thank you crock-pot!
Say it with me now… SET IT AND FORGET IT!!! (I’m probably destined to host my own shopping network show someday, haha!)
EASY CROCK POT ROAST & VEGGIES
Wash and slice potatoes into even-size pieces. Peel if desired. Add to bottom of the slow cooker.
Chop onion and add on top of the potatoes.
Add baby carrots.
Cover the slow cooker and set on low for about 6-7 hours or on high for about 4-5. Cook until meat is thoroughly done and veggies are tender.
When serving, pull meat from the bone (the meat will fall off the bone) and spoon out veggies with sauce/gravy/goodstuff!
Now, that is cowboy food right there! YUM!
- 1 Medium Beef Chuck Roast (bone in – thawed)
- 8-10 Small Russet Potatoes
- ½ Bag Baby Carrots (or about 2 c. chopped carrot)
- ¾ to 1 Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1 Ranch Seasoning Packet
- 1 Bottle Beer
- Wash and slice potatoes into even-size pieces. Peel if desired. Add to bottom of slow cooker.
- Chop onion and add on top of potatoes.
- Add baby carrots on top of onions and potatoes
- Sprinkle half of the ranch packet on top of veggies. Reserve the rest for the meat.
- Place the chuck roast on top of veggies and sprinkle with remaining seasoning.
- Pour the beer into the slow cooker, drizzling the top of the meat and soaking the vegetables beneath.
- Cover the slow cooker with lid and cook on low for about 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 or until meat is thoroughly cooked and veggies are tender.
- When serving, pull meat from the bone and spoon out veggies with sauce.
Stay tuned! Tomorrow I will show you how to take these leftovers (if you have any) and turn them into a
belly-warming, soul-warming soup perfect for chilly, fall evenings!
Thanks as always for reading!