Happy Hump Day!
I wanted to throw a super-quick recipe your way this evening.
Check out this savory vegetable side dish complete with BACON! I’m in love with these veggies and thought I should share with my fellow brussels sprouts lovers… and maybe even convince some others to give them a try.
I know eating new vegetables can be a challenge or slightly intimidating. One of my New Year’s resolutions was to try more vegetables. I actually began eating brussels sprouts last year and now they are one of my favorite vegetables.
Who knew?! All this time I was missing out! I sure hope you will give this recipe a whirl… it starts with bacon so you can’t go wrong…
Wash and quarter the brussels sprouts and wash and halve the grapes.
Our local grocery store only sold brussels sprouts pre-packaged… meaning pre-washed. It’s like it said to me “Lauren, I know you have been busy, so I did the dirty work for you… take me home!” How could I resist?
Then, cook the bacon until done, remove onto paper towel and then cool and crumble.
Once the pan is cooled slightly, remove any excess grease, leaving about one teaspoon in pan or enough to lightly coat the bottom.
Bring the heat back up to medium and add the quartered brussels sprouts and grapes.
When finished, remove onto platter or bowl and serve warm.
For your convenience, all recipes will now be PRINTABLE!!!
- 2 Slices Bacon
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts, cleaned & quartered
- 2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 10-12 Green Grapes, halved
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook the bacon until done, remove onto paper towel and then cool and crumble.
- Once pan is cooled slightly, remove any excess grease, leaving about one teaspoon in pan or enough to lightly coat the bottom.
- Bring heat back up to medium and add the quartered brussels sprouts and grapes
- Saute gently until blackening begins. Turn the brussels sprouts over as you sauté. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the red wine vinegar and crumbled bacon to the brussels and grapes and continue to sauté another 5 minutes or until done. Season with salt and pepper.
- When finished, remove onto platter or bowl and serve warm.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! I love brussels sprouts! Dan, on the other hand, isn’t crazy about them… which is fine by me. That just means more for me!!!
Have a good night y’all!
- Rustic Honey