The daylight savings time changes have really messed me up this week!
This is how my days have been going ever since…
5:30 a.m. Who drank all my coffee?!?
5:30 p.m. I’m so excited and motivated with all this daylight… a.k.a. – I won’t be able to sleep tonight!
With all this energy I thought it would be a great night to put a quick gift together for our friends’ housewarming this weekend. Some of our good friends are celebrating their new place and an upcoming birthday so I wanted to get them a little something for the occasion!
Check out this breakfast gift basket complete with blueberry pancakes, syrup and mimosas! What a special breakfast for them to share in their new home! The “gift basket” is a mixing bowl. I also threw in a whisk, a jar (with the homemade pancake mix) and a kitchen towel.
I finished this complete gift basket for under $50. However, it is one of those gift ideas you can make as expensive or as inexpensive as you like!
Here is the finished product!
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- 3½ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- Mix the above dry ingredients and pour into the bottom of the jar.
- Wash blueberries and place in a small clear bag. Place in jar atop the mixture.
- Make a card with these directions to complete the pancakes:
- Add to the flour mixture – 1 egg, 1 c. milk, 1 tsp. vanilla & 3 tbsp. melted butter
- Whisk until batter is smooth
- Pour batter onto hot griddle – add blueberries as desired per pancake and flip!
- Enjoy with butter, syrup and mimosas in your new home!
- Mix the above dry ingredients
- Add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter onto hot griddle – add blueberries as desired per pancake and flip.
- Serve with butter and syrup.
This gift basket was super easy and I love the way it turned out! When it comes to gift-giving, I love putting together gift baskets. They are attractive, thoughtful and often times give the recipient a reason to relax and unwind!
I hope they enjoy it as much as I enjoyed putting it together!
Thanks for stopping by!